Initially earthworks, Makers 4 and 5 were rebuilt in stone in 1790. Redoubt 5, completed in 1783, was built to protect the others, and although inaccessible and overgrown now, it can be viewed from Cremyll road. Grenville Battery (Maker Redoubt 4) is accessible by public footpath and was constructed in 1887 within Redoubt 4.

Maker Redoubts 1-5

Local Views

PLACES OF INTEREST